Studying in Australia will help you get the best qualifications and open up fantastic career opportunities. After you complete your studies, you’ll be able to apply for jobs and find the optimal pathway to permanent residency. We know that the process of obtaining a visa can be difficult to grasp, especially due to the complex application form and a long list of eligibility criteria. Let us break it down for you!
Which Type of Visa You Should Apply For
If you want to study in Australia, you should apply for the visa subclass 500. All international students need the same type of visa regardless of the program they wish to take. This applies to undergraduate and postgraduate studies, vocational education training and language courses.
What You Need to Know About Student Visa 500
The student visa is one of the easiest ones to get! It allows you to stay in Australia for the length of your course, and you may be able to apply for other visa types once you obtain your degree. How to get started with the application process? You need to visit the website of Australia’s Department of Home Affairs and create your ImmiAccount. When do you need to start your application process? As soon as you enrol with a course and ensure that you meet all the eligibility criteria, you are ready to apply for the visa. We advise you to start your search as soon as possible and allow at least three months for your visa to be processed.
How Much Does Your Visa Cost
All applicants, whether in or outside Australia need to pay fees for student visas. The base application charge is $620, and you need to pay an extra $450 for additional applicants over 18 years of age or $150 for applicants under 18. You will also need to pay for the Overseas Student Health Cover OSHC. Buying health insurance is compulsory, but you can choose the level of cover. For example, basic insurance doesn’t cover dental and optical services, which means you’ll have to pay extra for this.
Eligibility Requirements for International Study Australia
Knowing what the requirements are is critical! You need to satisfy all the criteria and obtain all the necessary documents before you apply for the visa. While we advise you to check the website of the Department of Home Affairs for the full list of requirements, we give you the list of the key criteria you need to meet:
- You need to have Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from your chosen university or other educational institution.
- Students under 18 years of age need to make welfare agreements.
- You must show evidence of your English language skills (provide a score sheet from an English language test).
- You need to have the Overseas Student Health Cover purchased from a registered Australian insurance provider.
- You need to prove that you have enough money to support your stay and cover the costs of studying and living in Australia.
- You need to submit a statement addressing Genuine Temporary Entrant requirements. This statement should explain how studying in Australia makes a good investment in your future. Explain why you have chosen your education provider and why have you selected the course you enrolled with. You should also mention what kind of job you expect to get after your studies and say how you plan to support yourself throughout your studies.
- You must pass the character test. You’ll be required to fill the form 80 personal particulars for character assessment and complete a character statutory declaration. Additionally, you may also need to submit a police certificate, military certificate, a letter of recommendation from your employer and some other documents.
- You need to health requirements which include being free from certain diseases and medical conditions.
- You need to sign the Australian Values Statement.
A Student visa is your gateway to permanent residency! If you meet all the requirements, you are most likely to be granted a visa and get a chance to study and live in Australia. It is essential that you fill out your application correctly and upload all the supporting documents. To help you do this without a mistake, we offer you professional consultations and guidance. We can also submit the application for you!