australian employment options after graduation

Australian Employment Options After Graduation

Studying in Australia will make you an attractive and prospective employee and allow you to remain in the country. From temporary visas to applying for permanent residency, there are several routes you can take. Here is what you can do after graduation!

Temporary Graduate Subclass 485 Visa

While many students prefer to continue with their studies and enhance their skills or expand their knowledge, others choose to explore different employment options. A Temporary Graduate Visa allows you to go either way. You’ll be able to stay in the country for a period of 18 months and take another step towards permanent residency. With this visa, you can work, travel or study in Australia. You can choose between three different streams of this visa, and all of them let you work, study and live in the country. If you complete your PhD, you will be eligible for a 4-year work visa which is an amazing pathway to permanent residency.

Employer Nomination Scheme Visa

Since the Student Visa allows you to get a part-time job, you might choose to keep your position with your current employer. They should be able to sponsor you either temporarily or on a permanent basis. If you are working for a company that can sponsor you, your best option is applying for the Employer Nomination Scheme Visa. This visa allows you to stay in Australia for as long as you are working for this company.

Professional Year Program

Completing certain study courses in Australia allow you to apply for a Professional Year Program. If you have qualifications in computer science, engineering or accounting, you are eligible for this scheme. You can spend one more years in Australia, and the goal is to gain work experience in order to improve your employability skills. If you want to work your way towards permanent residency, this program is perfect for you. After your first professional year in the country, you will be given up to five points in the Skilled Migrant Visa test, which will increase your chances to find employment and extend your stay.

Work and Holiday Visa

If you are between 18 and 30 years of age, you can also apply for a Work and Holiday Visa which lets you stay in Australia for another 12 months. It is a great visa which you can use to work and travel around the country.

Apply for Permanent Residency

Finally, after completing your studies and obtaining a degree, you can also apply for permanent residency in Australia and grab one of many employment opportunities. There are four options available for you:

  • Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme
  • SkillSelect Migration Program
  • Employer Nomination Scheme
  • Skilled Independent Visa

Applying for any of the visas involves a series of steps and it can turn out to be a complicated process. Make sure to thoroughly explore all the available options and find up-to-date information. Visit the Australian Department of Home Affairs website where you’ll find eligibility criteria and detailed instructions on how to apply for each visa. You can also get in touch with us and let us help you pick the best solution for you or guide you through the application process.

Have Any Questions? Talk To Us Today.

nsw tafe international

NSW TAFE International

Studying at TAFE as an International Student NSW TAFE international courses can be the perfect choice for international students because they offer a hands-on approach and

Read More »